Recent Posts

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Today's Gospel

More and more of us are beginning to realize how many people are actually choosing hell over heaven.  Too many Catholics make the mistake of thinking that people are deceived by satan, without realizing that people choose to live in the here and now, seeking comfort, living in the sensual only, choosing satan.

We cannot "slide into heaven", but we can "slide into hell"--any one of us.



John 8:21-30Douay-Rheims 

21 Again therefore Jesus said to them: I go, and you shall seek me, and you shall die in your sin. Whither I go, you cannot come.
22 The Jews therefore said: Will he kill himself, because he said: Whither I go, you cannot come?
23 And he said to them: You are from beneath, I am from above. You are of this world, I am not of this world.
24 Therefore I said to you, that you shall die in your sins. For if you believe not that I am he, you shall die in your sin.
25 They said therefore to him: Who art thou? Jesus said to them: The beginning, who also speak unto you.
26 Many things I have to speak and to judge of you. But he that sent me, is true: and the things I have heard of him, these same I speak in the world.
27 And they understood not, that he called God his Father.
28 Jesus therefore said to them: When you shall have lifted up the Son of man, then shall you know, that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself, but as the Father hath taught me, these things I speak:
29 And he that sent me, is with me, and he hath not left me alone: for I do always the things that please him.
30 When he spoke these things, many believed in him.